LAST UPDATED: August 30th, 2018
Reasons Why Speed Reading Is Good For You
Many people struggle to read faster. Are you the one who takes all the time in the world to read a simple report or a book? Its always good to know why speed reading learning is good for you.
Are you the one who is finding difficulty in recalling and remembering things in a written material?
Read here more benefits of speed reading and become a better entrepreneur, manager, student and gain more success from your profession.
Benefits And Positive Changes By Learning To Speed Read.
1. Increased Focus-Speed Reading trains the brain to become more focused and improves brain capacity.
The brain muscle flexes and it improves the ability to focus on speed while reading faster.
2. Comprehensive ability-With lots of reading exposure the comprehension ability improve significantly and absorbing the matter becomes easier.
Even a small amount of reading daily can help in improving comprehension by 10-20% within a month.
Imagine how your comprehension ability will improve if you speed read for a long time.
3. Memory Improvement-Memory power grows when you become a speed reader and are able to remember more of what you read.
speed reading flexes the brain muscle and exercises the brain which improves memory retention and brain function
4. Personality grooming and Improvement-Speed Reading makes you feel and look more confident among your peers and you will be perceived as the more intelligent persona.
While in a presentation or talking to your peers, colleagues, boss or in a sales meeting you would steal the show and ultimately perceived as a strong personality.
5. More Opportunities-With speed reading people and society will recognize as intelligent human being and lots of doors with the right opportunities opens in front of you and you can be confident about your abilities.
6. Less Stress-Speed Readers experience less fatigue as they are able to grasp the things quickly.
Whether in a meeting or presentation they are able to contribute their 100% as they are able to analyze the things quickly and accurately.
7. Innovation-With speed reading techniques and high comprehension absorbing the data becomes easier.
So, keeping on a base knowledge of the data already present in your mind you can think of different things or innovating things to improve upon the already present methods or circumstances of your life.
8. Vocabulary-With high speed of reading you can go through the books and reading materials faster increasing the exposure to the words in the language.
A particular word you see multiple times ultimately improves the vocabulary and your ability to recall the word when needed.
9. Time Saving-With speed reading a lot of time is saved and that time can be utilized for more self-improvement, recreation, rejuvenating,or spending time with your loved ones.
10. Problem-solving skills-Lots of the problem on the personal or professional front is easy to tackle once you have more knowledge and experience through more and more reading.
11. Reading Fluency-With speed Reading fluency improves and you are able to express or communicate yourself in a clear and concise way.
12. Decision Making-Most of the decision makers in any industry has to go through a tremendous amount of data before arriving at a particular conclusion.
Speed reading helps in conceiving high data in a short time and helps in making your decision better.
13. Increased earnings– Obviously once you grow yourself to a better and confident person and provide more value to the organization you are serving there is a high chance that you will be rewarded for your efforts.
14. Ambition-Speed reading and high comprehending ability improve your self-confidence and self-respect. You feel better about yourself.
With that confidence in mind, your ambition will rise and you will be able to handle the pressure.
15. Eye for the Details-With speed reading you develop an eye for detail and more sophistication develops in you.
This enhances your ability to think better and has a clear understanding of the circumstances in front of you.
Speed Reading is easy to learn but requires a lot of practice and a well-designed course can help you in achieving the desired level within a week or two and then small practice sessions is only required on a daily basis.