Speed reading is an acquired skill that requires the use of different reading techniques that enhance a person’s ability to read quickly. It requires training that can be received through books, seminars, videos, and computer software.
Usually, when a person reads, they engage the brain, eyes, ears, and mouth to work together translate text into meaningful words and sentences. With speed reading, these senses become more engaged in functioning together, thus becoming more efficient in doing their work.
Your eyes play an important role in speed reading. To read text quickly, you should have the ability to move your eyes across the page fast, jumping from one word to another and even taking in more than one word at a time in quick glances. These quick glances are important in speed reading, and recommended speed reading systems like Zoxpro focus on building this ability.
Having your eyes trained to effectively expand your vision vertically and horizontally will allow you to read and understand several words at a time on two or three different lines with just a single glance. This can be hard to take in at first, but can be achieved with continued practice.
Here are some eye exercises for speed reading
This exercise will benefit the muscles in your eye sockets that are responsible for your peripheral vision and your other eye muscles in general to make them flexible. When you do this exercise, glance at your thumbs without moving your head:
- Look straight ahead with your arms stretched out to your sides and your thumbs sticking out.
- Glance back and forth between your two thumbs without moving your head from side to side. Do this ten times.
- Repeat these steps twice.
Writing with your eye
This exercise is good for the extra-ocular muscles of the eye sockets, increasing your eyeball’s range of movement and flexibility. Workout your eyes by moving them around in ways not commonly done.
- Look straight ahead at a wall far away from you.
- Write your name on the wall using your eyes to write the letters of your name.
- Move your eyes around the wall as you would write each letter of your name using a paint brush.
- Try writing your name in cursive letters as well as block letters.
When your eyes are hooded, they become relaxed. This exercise is useful if you feel your eyes getting tired and in need of a timeout.
- Close your eyes halfway in the same way you would before you fall asleep and concentrate on stopping your eyelids from shaking. This will relax your eyes.
- Gaze at a faraway object while your eyes are still half closed.
Squeezing your eyes
When you squeeze your eyes, the muscles become relaxed and the flow of blood and oxygen to your eyes and face increases too.
- Breathe in slowly and deeply. While breathing in, open your eyes and mouth as wide as you possibly can and stretch the muscles of your whole face.
- Breathe out slowly. While doing this, close your eyes shut, squeezing them shut as tight as you can. Clench your jaws to squeeze the muscles of your whole face including your neck and head.
- Continue squeezing for 30 seconds while holding your breath.
- Repeat these steps five times.
- Don’t forget to take a break between sets.
These exercises are just part of the training you need to undergo if you are serious about learning the art of speed reading. The more diligently you practice the methods of speed reading, the more you train yourself to become better at it.
A course about speed reading is the surest way to become a speed reader. The Speed Reading Acceleration Secrets course can help you in that area. This course can be instantly downloaded into your computer so you can start training yourself immediately upon purchase.
The unique course offers you a step-by-step guide on how to read over 1,000 words in just one minute. It also guarantees that you will retain all of the information that you have read no matter how fast you read, which is a common problem when speed reading.
For quick and effortless learning of different speed reading methods, Zoxpro is one of the best programs out there. We recommend it. Included in the package are several limited time bonuses at no extra cost that will also be of great help to your learning:
Full 8-Module Course
Zoxpro’s cutting edge, revolutionary instruction methods are spread evenly across a course of eight different modules, ensured to allow you to unlock your potential.
Three Bonus Modules at No Extra Cost
Three advanced technique modules, each with a retail value of nearly $70, are included for free.
Ten Supplemental Training Materials
Additional supplemental training materials are sent directly to your inbox to help you hone your skills even more.
Ten Task Emails
Another ten emails, sent right to you, that feature real-world tasks you can do to practice your amazing skills to strengthen them every day.
All of these great tools are worth hundreds of dollars. In fact, buying this package in its entirety would cost you $597, but we’ve partnered with Zoxpro to offer you the entire 8-module course, the three bonus modules, and the 20 bonus emails, all for the phenomenal price of just $197 – a deal that is truly worth investing your money in.